THE NP CHRONICLE : 7TH SEPTEMBER

The NP Chronicle 
7th September
Elizabeth I (7 September 1533 – 24 March 1603) was Queen of England and Ireland from 17 November 1558 until her death in 1603. She was the last and longest reigning monarch of the House of Tudor. Her eventful reign, and its effect on history and culture, gave name to the Elizabethan era.

The Elizabethan era is famous for the flourishing of English drama, led by playwrights such as William Shakespeare and Christopher Marlowe, the prowess of English maritime adventurers, such as Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh, and for the defeat of the Spanish Armada.
Source: Wikipedia

"I grieve and dare not show my discontent,
I love and yet am forced to seem to hate,
I do, yet dare not say I ever meant,
I seem stark mute but inwardly do prate.
I am and not, I freeze and yet am burned,
Since from myself another self I turned.

My care is like my shadow in the sun,
Follows me flying, flies when I pursue it,
Stands and lies by me, doth what I have done."
-- Elizabeth I, Her Life in Letters

"If I follow the inclination of my nature, it is this: beggar-woman and single, far rather than queen and married."
-- Elizabeth I, Collected Works


Today is:
▪︎ International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies
▪︎ Brazilian Independence Day 
▪︎ Final Day of National Nutrition Week in India 
▪︎ Birth anniversary of Queen Elizabeth I


BRAZIL
Brazil, officially the Federative Republic of Brazil, is the largest country in South America. It is also the world's fifth-largest country by area and the seventh-largest by population, with over 214 million people. Brazil is a federation composed of 26 states and a Federal District, which hosts the capital, Brasília. Its most populous city is São Paulo, followed by Rio de Janeiro. Brazil has the largest Lusophone population in the world and is the only Portuguese-speaking country in the Americas, where it is the official language.


Global Rankings & Statistics
▪︎ Football (FIFA): 5th place globally.
▪︎ Land Area: 5th largest country in the world by total area, covering approximately 8.5 million square kilometers.
▪︎ Economy: Ranks among the top 10 largest economies globally by nominal GDP.
▪︎ UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Ranks 13th globally for the total number of recognized cultural and natural heritage sites. 

Brazil has one of the largest economies in the world by gross domestic product (GDP) and is a leading member of the BRICS group of emerging markets. 

While Brazil has advanced industries and major urban hubs, it also faces stark income inequality, regional poverty, and lower per capita rankings on the Human Development Index (HDI).
Source: Wikipedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NP CHRONICLE : 25TH MARCH

THE NP CHRONICLE : 5TH JULY

THE NP CHRONICLE : 21ST MARCH